Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I went out on a school night.

You want to know what was even more awesome than The Be Good Tanyas last night?

(They were awesome. So very awesome.)

The fact that I WON TICKETS to The Be Good Tanyas last night. So we went....for free!

(Awesome.)

People, this girl wins everything! I swear.

The first band was Pee Pee, who...well, I like Pee Pee and all, but they just didn't put on a very coordinated show. I mean, who can really blame them for that....there's about 10 of them! But...still, they were OK. I WILL STILL STAND UP FOR PEE PEE! (Kev said he "knows people who would think they were just a bunch of noise." Hmmm.) And then the band after, Holly SomethingorOther, was not much more than BORING. And adding to the boring.....rows of chairs. Snnnnnnore. People just sat down the whole time. And also? People sat down and SNUGGLED. AT A CONCERT. So annoying, watching people nuzzle and neck to the music. I hate PDA. I also hate when a guy dances all up on the back of the girl and doesn't let her move around on her own....I mean, really - can't the guy dance by himself without having to cling to his woman?

Moving on...

I could have sat and listened to the Be Good Tanyas all night long...I just love their music. I had heard 2 of them were sick, so that affected me at first, thinking they were just hating life up there. But I got over it....and they were so great. I would have paid the $25 but.....I'm glad I didn't have to.

Also glad I didn't have to: work this morning. I have a wine headache, thanks to the happy hour special at My Brother's Bar. I order a house Cab and over comes 2 full-brimming glasses. And WHO AM I to turn that shit down??

So...now I am prepping up to cram Biggie Purrs in his hateful crate and take him to the vet for more insulin and some tests. Also looking forward to my dentist appointment this evening. There will even be some work in there in between me and BP's version each of HELL. (I hate the dentist.)

It's shaping up to be a 2-star day, y'all. Bleckk. But The Be Good Tanyas! They rocked!

4 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger African Kelli said...

you are killing me. they are currently one of my favorite bands!! I would love to see them play. And for free no less!!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Hubs said...

how can you not like pda? wasn't you boyfriend licking your boobs at the last concert you went to?

i'm looking forward to checking them out when i get home from work.

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by them, i mean the be good tanyas, not your boobs.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

ha ha!! hilarious!!

well, you ARE correct...we did have some pda at the gourds show....

but...the P in ours was PDA as in a PRIVATE display of affection. k wasn't tasting my strawberry flavored nipples in front of everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home